Lebanese resistance movement Hezbollah has denounced a “global terror campaign” run by the Israeli regime after Bulgaria accused the movement of being behind the bus attack that killed five Israelis last year.
“Israel is running a campaign of global terror against Hezbollah in particular because it failed in its aggression and incitement against it as well as failed to find an environment suitable to prevent Hezbollah from moving,” Hezbollah Deputy Secretary-General Sheikh Naim Qassem said on Wednesday.
Qassem also said the Tel Aviv regime is “running an international campaign to terrorize people and countries from Hezbollah and to shed a light on the resistance to corner it.”
He made the remarks a day after Bulgarian officials accused the Lebanese resistance movement of carrying out a bomb attack on a bus in the city of Burgas, killing five Israelis in July 2012.
Following the recent accusation, the Israeli regime and the United States have pressured the European Union to list Hezbollah as a “terrorist” organization.
Qassem added the Israeli campaign is aimed at distracting the world from the regime’s practices of aggression and occupation and to avenge its loss against Hezbollah.
“Hezbollah is strong and increasing its readiness, support, and training to face these challenges and all these accusations against Hezbollah will not have any effect and will not change facts and reality,” Qassem said.
“We will not accept occupation and we will not succumb to pressure or alter our priorities,” he added, stating that that Hezbollah’s “compass” will remain directed at “the Israeli enemy.”