Netanyahu wants Gaza war to continue

benjamin_netanyahu

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu says Tel Aviv will continue its massive offensive against the besieged Gaza Strip, a report says.

According to a report by Israel’s Channel 10 on Tuesday, Netanyahu told US Secretary of State John Kerry that the offensive would go on.

The remarks contradict earlier comments by Kerry about a truce in Gaza. Earlier in the day, Kerry said Netanyahu had asked for fresh US help in brokering a truce.

Netanyahu raised the “possibility of a ceasefire” during the talks, Kerry said.

Bibi also said late on Monday that Israel “will not finish the mission. We will continue to act with force and… We need to be prepared for a protracted campaign.”

So far, more than 1,200 people have been killed and thousands of others injured by the Israeli regime’s offensive against the coastal sliver despite pressure from the international community.

The Ezzedine al-Qassam Brigades, the military wing of the Palestinian resistance movement Hamas, has been launching retaliatory attacks against Israel.

NT/AS/MHB

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s