Israel will continue offensive against Gaza: Bibi

 israel-to-continue-barbaric-operation

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu says the regime will continue its offensive against the blockaded Gaza Strip.

The Israeli premier made the remarks during a joint press conference with Moshe Yaalon, the minister of military affairs, in Tel Aviv late on Saturday.

“We will take as much time as necessary, and will exert as much force as needed,” he said, adding that the war will continue until Israeli troops complete the mission of destroying Palestinian fighters’ tunnels.

Bibi’s remarks came after Israeli sources said that a number of Tel Aviv’s ground forces were withdrawing from the coastal sliver.

More than a quarter of Gazans have been forced out of their homes in the densely-populated enclave.

Israeli warplanes have been pounding numerous sites in the Gaza Strip, since July 8, demolishing houses and burying families under the rubble. Israeli forces also began a ground offensive against the impoverished Palestinian land on July 17.

So far, more than 1,700 people have been killed and nearly 9,000 others injured by the Israeli regime’s offensive against the coastal sliver despite pressure from the international community.

The Ezzedine al-Qassam Brigades, the military wing of the Palestinian resistance movement Hamas, has been launching retaliatory attacks against Israel.

NT/NN/AS

 

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s